Title: COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH OFFICER
Status: Full time
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Reporting to: Project Manager and Executive Director
The Balkan Policy Research Group is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Communication and Outreach Officer.
The Communication and Outreach Officer will be responsible for researching, monitoring, reporting, developing and implementing the project communication strategy on the Kosovo-Serbia EU facilitated dialogue, in close cooperation with the Belgrade based counterpart and the project staff.
- Research and monitor the media reporting on Kosovo Serbia EU facilitated dialogue;
- Summarise media, local and international organisations and institutions reports on Kosovo – Serbia EU facilitated dialogue and compile reports and fact sheets both for internal and external use;
- Develop and implement the project’s communication strategy in close cooperation with Belgrade based counterpart and all the partner organisations;
- Maintain close contact with media professionals for proactive reporting in the media to increase citizen awareness on the benefits of Kosovo – Serbia EU facilitated dialogue;
- Develop news items, project briefings and web posting for the project website and coordinate use of social media for the project outreach;
- Assist in collecting data and media statistics for monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure that project objectives are being met;
- Maintain communication-related electronic and hard copy materials;
- Coordinate development and branding of project documents, fact sheets, and informational materials, in coordination with the Administrator and IT Officer;
- Maintain effective communication with all the project staff and partner organisations.
- University degree in media, communications, public relations, social sciences, or related field;
- At least three years as Public Awareness, Outreach and Communications or similar positions working on media, or/and Kosovo – Serbia dialogue related projects;
- Knowledge and experience working with EU projects and their visibility requirements highly preferred;
- Excellent research, analytical, writing skills, rigorous attention to detail, and problem solving abilities needed to perform effectively in a demanding position;
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to work under pressure with a variety of stakeholders;
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, a high degree of flexibility, willingness to work long hours and under pressure of deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Deal and work with multi-tasks and agendas;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, internet navigation, etc.);
- Excellent spoken and written English and Albanian, Serbian desirable.
- Ability to travel throughout Kosovo and to Serbia.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CVs containing contact details of three references, a cover letter (in English), and a writing sample relevant to this position. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview. Applications must be received no later than 12 May 2019.
Applications with “Communication and Outreach Officer” in the email subject shall be emailed to email@example.com.