Title: FINANCE MANAGER
Status: Full time
Location: Prishtina – Kosovo
Reporting to: Executive Director
Balkans Policy Research Group (BPRG) –is an independent, nonpartisan NGO dedicated to contributing to state-building in Kosovo, societal and state reconciliation and prosperity in the Western Balkans. Balkans Group’s strategic orientations are Inclusive and Accountable Governance,
Regional Cooperation and Good Neighbourly Relations and EU Integration and Policy Change.
The Finance Manager will oversee the overall financial and administrative management of BPRG. She/He shall be working closely with the BPRG Executive Director and the rest of the team members to ensure that the Finance and Administrative policies and procedures of both BPRG and the donor agencies are adhered.
The Finance Manager will perform the following tasks and take the lead in the following (specific) activities:
- Prepare daily transactions and monthly financial reports in the required BPRG format;
- Produce budget vs. actual analysis reports and make recommendations to the Executive Director for budget trade-offs & revisions.
- Prepare donor financial reports in line with project requirements;
- Support Executive Director and the Management with budget preparation, including core activities and specific grant budgets.
- Advise BPRG staff on financial management and promote awareness of financial budget toward project delivery;
- Ensure that annual and donor audits are carried out in a timely manner as required by the organisation.
- Review systems and internal controls ensuring promotion of optimal and soundest use of financial resources for effective delivery, including inventory and assets;
- Review administration of internal procedures and ensure that effective controls (BPRG and donor compliant practices) are in place, update systems as required, collaborating with other staff members; ensure systems are used and monitoring controls are in place.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and labour regulations, including with the regional projects
- Prepare office activity travel advances and process travel claims.
- Maintain and monitor an effective office filing system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Banking & Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field
- At least five years of experience of working in finance, preferably in the NGO sector
- Experience of working with QuickBooks
- Experience of working with donor requirements, especially E.U and Development Aid Agencies
- Ability to plan and work within agreed timeframes;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Deal and work with multi-tasks and agendas;
- Excellent written and spoke English
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter (in English) and CV containing contact details of three references. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
Applications with “Finance Manager” in the email subject should be emailed to email@example.com before 18 February 2020