Balkans Group is seeking for a full-time POLICY OFFICER
Published at: 2019-05-03
Title: POLICY OFFICER
Status: Full time
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Reporting to: Project Manager and Executive Director
The Balkan Policy Research Group is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Policy Officer.
The Policy Officer will be responsible for coordinating and advising on the content of Kosovo-Serbia EU facilitated dialogue project and advising the partner organisations to tailor the communication outputs according to the project objectives.
- Support the research and monitoring of the media reporting on the Kosovo – Serbia EU facilitated dialogue;
- Monitor, brief and advice on political, social and other developments affecting the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue;
- Provide advice to the project staff and partner organisation on content of the project outputs;
- Assist in the writing of media articles on the Kosovo- Serbia EU facilitated dialogue by providing editing and research advice;
- Assist the Communication and Outreach Officer to research and draft the communication strategy for the project;
- Propose the adjustment of the project activities to ensure the objectives are being met and the contextual needs addressed accordingly;
- Maintain awareness-related electronic and hard copy materials;
- Assist and maintain close contacts with media, field professionals and all the relevant stakeholders to communicate the benefits of the Kosovo-Serbia EU Facilitated Dialogue;
- Maintain close cooperation with the all professionals engaged within the project framework of the framework;
- Maintain effective communication with all the project staff and partner organisations.
- Master Degree or PhD in one of the following fields: international relations, social sciences, peace and interdisciplinary studies, or other related fields.
- Excellent understanding of the political and social context in Kosovo and the region;
- Excellent understanding of Kosovo- Serbia dialogue process.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing skills, rigorous attention to detail, and problem solving abilities needed to perform effectively in a demanding position.
- Knowledge of project management and working experience with civil society organisations.
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, a high degree of flexibility, willingness to work long hours and under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Deal and work with multi-tasks and agendas.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Albanian, Serbian desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CVs containing contact details of three references, a cover letter (in English), and a writing sample relevant to this position. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview. Applications must be received no later than 12 May 2019.
Applications with “Policy Officer” in the email subject shall be emailed to email@example.com.