Title: Senior Researcher/Project Manager
Status: Full time
Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position Summary: Balkans Policy Research Group is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Senior Researcher/Project Manager. In the framework of the Advancing Kosovo’s Institutions, Democratisation and Regional Cooperation project, Balkans Group will develop a web platform to inform citizens about the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue.
The platform, covering both web-related content and informative debates and workshops, will offer the public all information - in comprehensive but simplified manner - about the Kosovo-Serbia technical agreements, benefits and challenges, as well as highlight important political milestones throughout the Brussels facilitated dialogue. It will be an integrated, multi-platform endeavour, fostering outreach and maximising dissemination through an online platform and social media to inform and engage citizens on the topic.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and in close cooperation with the Senior Management Team, the Senior Researcher/Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the research and overall content development and the practical functioning of the platform which aims to serve as a Resource and Information centre for the Kosovo Serbia dialogue.
The Senior Researcher/Project Manager shall:
- Undertake and lead research to ensure the highest quality of content development about the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue at all levels, namely technical and political;
- Lead and ensure effective oversight, development and processing of the content collection on the Brussels facilitated agreements;
- Monitor, brief and advise on political, social and other developments affecting the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue;
- Oversee the technical development of the online platform (web-portal) on the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue;
- Closely cooperate and oversee technical and content-related aspects and functioning of the platform;
- Support and monitor the Communication and Outreach officer in ensuring the effective operation of the platform, including promotion, outreach etc;
- Devise contracts with external partners for the technical and content development of the web platform, i.e. web programming, video animations, etc.
- Ensure effective and smooth functioning of the platform, including the web and social media aspects;
- Facilitate workshops and debates with citizens and experts on the Kosovo-Serbia agreements;
- Ensure the efficient implementation of the web platform activities and timely reporting to the supervisors, project managers etc.
- Ensure all objectives of the project and platform are fully met;
- MA degree in one of the following fields: international relations, social sciences, development studies, interdisciplinary studies, or other related studies;
- Minimum three years’ experience and proven track record in matters relating to the Kosovo-Serbia relations, technical and political dialogue;
- Excellent knowledge of the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue and technical agreements stemming from the Brussels dialogue;
- Knowledge of technical aspects of web-development;
- Experience in implementing donor-funded project activities;
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate discussions with workshop participants;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Albanian, Serbian Desirable;
- Ability to plan and work within agreed timeframes;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
- Deal and work with multi-tasks and agendas;
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send:
Cover letter (in English)
- CV containing contact details of three references
- Three writing samples related to the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview and written test. Closing date for applications is 20 September 2019.
Full applications with “Senior Researcher/Project Manager” in the email subject should be emailed to email@example.com