Title: SENIOR RESEARCHER(S)
Status: Full time
Location: Pristina – Kosovo
Reporting to: Executive Director
Balkans Group is seeking a Senior Researcher for implementing the three-year project. A component of this project aims to support the regional cooperation in Western Balkans, identify venues and agendas to enhance regional cooperation and Kosovo’s participation in regional initiatives. An additional component includes providing support to EU-related agendas, namely, the implementation of the Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA) and the European Reform Agenda (ERA). The role would include identifying best policies and actions in mobilising all actors of Western Balkans, European Union in key areas for the benefit of citizens and governments of all six countries of the region. The role would be involved in identifying ways to inform citizens of its progress and making these processes more understandable for all parties involved.
Based in Prishtina, the Senior Researcher(s) with extensive and advanced knowledge on regional cooperation and initiatives will lead the research, administer and ensure the effective implementation and coordination and implementation of this component.
• An advanced degree in project development, economics, management, public policy/administration or other related fields;
• At least 3- 5 years’ relevant professional experience and detailed working knowledge in one or more areas of the Balkans Group;
• An understanding of the issues and policies of the governments and states of the Western Balkans including regional cooperation.
• Strong managerial capabilities and a demonstrated record of successful management of multi-disciplinary tasks;
• Demonstrated skills in programme-related research (quantitative and qualitative) from design to field research and analysis
• Proven experience in project management and development, writing project proposals, project evaluation/reporting and the effective and flexible coordination and implementation of projects;
• Experience in conducting complex, multiphase research and executing mixed method research studies
• Excellent analytical and writing skills, and the ability to formulate well-targeted project ideas and activities;
• Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills at a national and international level;
• Fluency in English, knowledge of other regional languages is considered an advantage;
• A strong capacity for effective teamwork, a high degree of flexibility, willingness to work long hours and under pressure of deadlines;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Deal and work with multiple tasks and agendas.
• Research, take a lead on the development, implementation and completion of topics and agendas on regional cooperation and initiatives (regional, local or international EU and US-led agendas) including issues and policies of the governments the Western Balkans.
• Write, edit and review reports and articles for publication.
• Manage the implementation of project activities and ensure the achievement of outputs on a day-to-day basis, including monitoring of progress against projected outputs.
• Effectively organise and coordinate research activities and writing within project components
• Collaborate and provide support to key stakeholders (internally and externally) and research partners including short-term consultants as well as longer term, strategic partnerships.
• Actively liaise with stakeholders at the local and regional level, together with the Executive Director,
• Identify best ways and impactful policy actions to enhance the impact of BPRG activities etc.
• Follow all organisational policies, best practice research management protocols and procedures
• Ensure effective and timely implementation of the activities
• Report to the Project Coordinator and Executive Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send:
• Cover Letter (in English)
• CV containing contact details of three references
• One writing samples
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview and written test. Closing date for applications is 22.08.2021
Full applications with “Senior Researcher” in the email subject should be emailed to [email protected].
Balkans Policy Research Group – BPRG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics