June 5 2019 – Training programme “Youth in Politics” aims to train and build the capacities of young people active in political parties in Kosovo in areas such as rule of law, public policy, good governance, economic development and social policies, education policies, regional cooperation, etc. By gathering the youth of all political parties, this program will serve as a platform for equipping this group with knowledge in the specific areas mentioned above that will serve well in their everyday work and empower them within the political subject they belong to. Selected participants who will attend the training will be provided with a certificate of the program.
This training course is for 25 participants max.
Albanian is the language that will be used throughout the training. In cases of any Non-Albanian speaking guest speakers, Balkans Group will provide simultaneous translation.
Why this training?
- It will increase the capacities of youngsters from political parties in the topic areas such as public policy in Kosovo, good governance, regional cooperation etc;
- The curriculum derives directly from the learning needs expressed by youth of political parties in the six (6) focus groups organized by Balkans Group;
- The topic areas will be delivered by top professors from the American University in Kosovo;
- It will provide mechanisms for platforms and networking between youth from different political parties;
- Official participant’s certificate presented at a large scale youth conference at the end of the program.
Participant eligibility criteria:
- Active member of one of the youth political forums in Kosovo;
- Between 20-30 years old;
- At least on the second year of bachelor studies;
- Have strong interest in policy related topics;
- Available for two (2) weekends throughout the year to attend the training;
- Cooperative and willing to work with youth from other political parties;
- Committed to attend a local study visit during one (1) working day in September.
All of the training costs are covered by Balkans Group, including:
- Transport costs from your municipality to the training venue;
- Meals and refreshments throughout the training;
- For participants from outside Prishtina, we will cover the accommodation costs;
- Study materials;
- Transport, meal and refreshments for the local study visit.
For any additional questions, please send us an e-mail: [email protected]
Click here to apply. Application deadline 14 June 2019.