The training program “Youth in Politics: Governance and Political Systems” aims to train and build the capacities of young people active in political parties in Kosovo in areas such as rule of law, public policy, good governance, economic development, and social policies, education policies, regional cooperation, etc. By gathering the youth of all political parties, this program will serve as a platform for equipping this group with knowledge in specific areas that will serve them well in their everyday work and empower them within the political subject they belong to. Selected participants who will attend the training will be provided with a certificate of the program.
The language that will be used throughout the training is Albanian. In cases of non-Albanian speaking guest speakers, the Balkans Group will provide simultaneous translation.
Why this training?
- It will increase the capacities of youngsters from political parties in the topic areas such as public policy in Kosovo, good governance, regional cooperation, etc;
- The curriculum derives directly from the learning needs expressed by the youth of political parties in the six (6) focus groups organized by Balkans Group;
- The topic areas will be delivered by top professors;
- It will provide mechanisms for platforms and networking between youth from different political parties;
- Official participant’s certificate presented at a large-scale youth conference at the end of the program;
- Building communication and cooperation skills;
- Development of critical thinking;
- Development of negotiation skills;
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will become part of the Alumni Network “Youth in Politics” within which there will be numerous activities.
NOTE: Within the Alumni Network, participants of the training will be offered opportunities to apply for a paid internship within the Parliamentary Groups of the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo.
Participant eligibility criteria:
- Members of a youth forum of political parties in Kosovo;
- Between 20-30 years old;
- At least in the second year of bachelor studies;
- Have a strong interest in policy-related topics;
- Be able to attend four days of training, according to the dates below;
- Cooperative and willing to work with youth from other political parties;
- Committed to attending a local study visit during one (1) working day.
THE NUMBER OF SELECTED PARTICIPANTS WILL BE LIMITED
The training will be held on 23-26 May, at the RIT Kosovo building (former American University).
Balkans Group will cover all expenses of the training, including:
- Local transport costs;
- Meals and refreshments throughout the training;
- For participants from outside Pristina, we will cover the accommodation costs;
- Study materials;
- Transport, meal, and refreshments for the local study visit.
For any additional questions, please send us an e-mail: [email protected]
Click here to apply. Application deadline 14 May 2023.