Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR / LEGAL OFFICER
Status: Full time
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Reporting to: Executive Director
The Project Coordinator / Legal Officer will plan, develop, implement, administer and ensure the effective and flexible coordination and implementation of projects within BPRG.
- Ensure timely and duly coordination of the projects and implementation of all project activities in accordance with project implementation plan, BPRG objectives, and donor coordination;
- Support day-to-day supervision of project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes;
- Design both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies;
- Collect data and conduct monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure outcomes are being met;
- Draft and prepare contracts;
- Supervise and ensure implementation of the tasks and activities based on the contracts;
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and other legal documents.
- Identify any support and advice required for the management, planning, and control of the project;
- Monitor project budget funds to ensure proper financial planning and liaise with Financial Officer and Executive Director on budgetary changes if required;
- Guide and orient efforts and contributions of project officers, admin staff, and interns;
- Assist in the development of the gender mainstreaming strategy and ensure the mainstreaming of gender into all project activities;
- Ensure maintenance of proper electronic and paper filing systems;
- Propose and develop new project initiatives within the scope and strategy of the Balkans Policy Research Group;
- Support the Executive Director and other Balkans Group staff with fundraising efforts and assists on other organisational matters.
- Advanced university degree in Law / extensive experience with legal issues;
- At least 2 years’ relevant professional experience and detailed working knowledge in one or more areas of the Balkans Group;
- Extensive knowledge of key issues in Kosovo, the region, and related international and EU issues;
- Strong research skills;
- Strong managerial capabilities and a demonstrated record of successful management of multi-disciplinary tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Exceptional leadership skills;
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to prepare complex legal documents;
- Proven experience in project developments, writing project proposals, project evaluation/reporting and ensure the effective and flexible coordination and implementation of the projects;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, ability to formulate well-targeted project ideas and activities;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Albanian, Serbian language is an advantage;
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, a high degree of flexibility, willingness to work long hours and under pressure of deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Deal and work with multi- tasks and agendas.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send:
- Cover letter (in English)
- CV containing contact details of three references
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview and written test. Closing date for applications is 31.01.2022.
Full applications with “Project Coordinator / Legal Officer” in the email subject should be emailed to [email protected].
Balkans Policy Research Group – BPRG is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.