Location: Prishtina – Kosovo
Reporting to: Executive Director
Balkans Group is seeking one or more Researchers to work on projects and ensure their implementation,
collect, and analyze data, and write, edit, and review papers, reports, and articles.
ABOUT BALKANS GROUP
Balkans Group, located in the center of the city, offers opportunities for professional development with a
competitive salary in a dynamic yet cooperative work environment. We are dedicated to influencing policy
change that shapes the future of the region and beyond, through evidence-based research, advocacy,
Based on Prishtina, the Researcher(s) will conduct desk and field research, and ensure the effective
implementation and coordination of the project’s components. The Researcher(s) are required to have
knowledge of public policy, regional cooperation, energy, EU and international agendas, key issues in
Kosovo and Western Balkans countries, and other related topics. With their research and data analyses,
they must seek to influence policy change and promote advocacy.
– Research topics on regional cooperation and related initiatives, EU and other international agendas,
EU integration, foreign policy, Kosovo’s and Western Balkans countries’ key issues and policies, and
other topics as per the Balkans Group’s policy agenda.
– Contribute to the development of public policy recommendations based on research findings and
analyses and engage with relevant stakeholders in advocating for and promoting the Balkans Group’s
– Write, edit, and review papers, articles, and reports for publication.
– Stay informed about emerging public policy trends and developments in the WB and internationally,
and incorporate this knowledge into the Balkans Group’s research and advocacy efforts.
– Support the efficient implementation of project activities and ensure the achievement of output goals
on a day-to-day basis.
– Effectively organize and coordinate research activities and writing within the project’s components.
– Identify the best ways and impactful policy actions to enhance the impact of Balkans Group’s
publications and activities.
– Perform all administrative matters related to the fulfillment of the tasks and related to the project
– Produce new ideas for publications and analyses to meet the Balkans Group’s objectives.
– Follow all organizational policies and best research practices.
– Report to the Project Coordinator and Executive Director.
– BA/MA degree in international relations and politics, social sciences, EU foreign policy, and/or other
– Knowledge of key issues in Kosovo, the region, and EU/International-related issues.
– An understanding of the issues and policies of the Western Balkans countries, including regional
– Proven research skills and a strong understanding of different research methodologies.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to formulate well-targeted project ideas and
– Excellent writing skills in English and Albanian.
– Ability to plan and work within the agreed timeframes.
– Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
– Ability to deal efficiently with multi-tasks and agendas.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all
backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send:
– CV containing contact details of three references.
– Cover Letter (in English)
– One writing sample (in English)
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2023
Full applications with “Researcher” in the email subject should be emailed to [email protected].