Vacancy – Constitutional Law Expert(s)
Title: Constitutional Law Expert/Consultant
Status: Full time
Location: Prishtina – Kosovo
Reporting to: Executive Director
Balkans Group is seeking a Constitutional Law Expert/Consultant for providing analysis and a legal review of the Constitution of Kosovo. The role would include identifying constitutional gaps and proposing a constitutional design suited to the requirements of a just and functioning legal system. The purpose is to establish an in-depth analysis of provisions, gaps and improving the Constitution.
The Constitutional Law Expert/Consultant, with extensive knowledge and advanced experience with Constitutional Law, will provide effective and creative analytical thinking, while ensuring that the key issues pertaining to the Constitution and other key legal provisions are well-addressed.
- An advanced degree in Law (preferably in Constitutional Law);
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in interpreting and analyzing the law;
- A deep understanding of the issues pertaining to the Constitution and extensive proven knowledge on constitutional issues in Kosovo throughout the years;
- Demonstrated analytical, research and writing skills;
- Keen attention to detail and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work independently and to report his/her work on time.
- Fluency in English, while knowledge of other regional languages is considered an advantage;
- High flexibility, availability, and willingness to work long hours and under pressure of deadlines;
- Communication skills and capacity to respond to changing needs and requirements, as communicated by BPRG.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal effectively with multiple tasks and agendas.
- Provide legal expert advice on the Constitution of Kosovo, Constitutional Law, and other key legal provisions.
- Provide analysis on the Constitutional Court’s decisions and interpretations of the Constitution;
- Identify concrete gaps in the Constitution and other procedural and substantive laws and propose solutions;
- Identify the best ways and impactful constitutional changes that would help in filling constitutional gaps;
- Provide thorough and comprehensive analysis on constitutional issues;
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- CV containing contact details of three references
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview and written test. The closing date for applications is 12.03.2021. Full applications with “Constitutional Law Expert/Consultant” in the email subject should be emailed to [email protected]. Balkans Policy Research Group – BPRG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, or other legally protected characteristics.